Queensland Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Message to all Squash Centres - Updated 3:00pm 15 June 2020
Queensland have announced relaxing of restrictions for sports, as per the information currently available to Queensland Squash for QSport - all centres can open as of noon 1 June 2020 if they do not exceed the 20 people limit per venue/building and can prove they are practicing Covid safe activities.
Review the below requirements and the Checklist and draft plans for more information
Requirements for Indoor sport (Including Squash)
- Record-keeping of all persons that enter venues and playing spaces.
- separation whilst in play
- no sharing / rental of equipment
- no use of communal changing rooms or showers
- no spectators unless absolutely required (they are counted in the 20)
- scheduling to eliminate group overlap
- booking systems in place to manage participant numbers.
- display of all physical distancing posters -
- Implementation of strict hygiene and sanitisation measures in particular:
- at all entry and exit points
- communal areas and shared facilities
- shared participant equipment.
Please ensure you have completed and have onsite while open the “Return to Play Readiness Checklist”
Current Approved Industry Covid-19 Safe Plans – which may answer some of your questions. Click on Indoor Sports Group
If you have any questions, please contact the Queensland Squash on [email protected]